Ross Support Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Config files to edit to have multiple environments on SMC

Go down

Config files to edit to have multiple environments on SMC Empty Config files to edit to have multiple environments on SMC

Post by Seb_Barcelona Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi guys,

I've been struggling on an install for internal testing purpose.
We mounted a 2008R2 VM that has the following Ross ERP versions installed, with their own respective dedicated databases:
-5.9SP3
-6.2SP1
-6.3SP2
-7.0GA, SP1, SP2, SP3 and SP4
They're all behind IAF9.1.

I've configured all those versions as separate environment instances of the iBrowser, plus one instance called PROD which is identical to ERP7.0SP4, and are all working like a charm. I used PROD as environment instance while installing IAF packages.

Now, I try to mimic the same structure of iBrowser's IafConfig.xml with multiple environments for the Smart Client.
The issue I'm facing is that all environments except PROD are stuck Creating Workbench Add-ins during the start-up phase and it stays forever in this state.

I've configured my environments in the following files:
C:\Program Files\CDC Software\Smart Updater\50\Instances\ErpDesktop701\70.1.0.23\IafConfig.xml
C:\Program Files\CDC Software\Smart Updater\50\UpdaterServiceWebApp\50\IafConfig.XML
C:\Program Files\CDC Software\Smart Updater\50\Instances\EnvironmentInstances.xml

But no can do...

Now I understand that ERP Desktop could be version specific and that some features would not be compatible with 701 version, but the real mind bender here is that ERP70SP4 environment, of which PROD is a copy of, is giving the same blocking issue.

So, do you know which files I should edit so I can launch multiple environment from SMC?

Thanks a lot in advance guys.

Seb

Seb_Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum